Monday, February 26, 2007

Back to Where It All Began...

Saturday afternoon we headed to Trenton for our friend's Greg and Liz's wedding reception. They were married in January in the Dominican Republic and while we weren't able to go to the sunny destination we were happy enough to be able to celebrate with them at this little shindig.

Trenton is the place I was born...although I only lived there for 18 months. Greg pointed out to me when we got to the reception that the hospital was a hop, skip and a jump away. No memories came rushing back and I didn't feel an overwhelming sense of emotion but it was kind of cool to be back especially since I don't think ever had been.

The reception was great...it started off in the hotel at 4:30pm with Dave and Jarrod and our other two good friends, Jim and Pussy. They helped us get on our merry way and we arrived at the reception at just the right time. There was quite a few people and everyone was really enjoying themselves. Greg did a terrific job putting together a few slide shows and managed to make everyone who couldn't go really wish they did!! The majority of the evening was spent relaxing and chatting with our glasses never empty. Dave had a great time and became a karaoke junkie...yes, it was quite painful but I'm glad he enjoyed himself. Hopefully this won't become a regular routine.

Sunday morning we were out of the hotel by 11am and met Andrew and Lindsay for good ol' Denny's in Whitby. I love that restaurant and will jump at the opportunity to go whenever I can, if only there were more locations. I mean where else can you get a "Lumberjack Slam" with two of everything and three extra sides...delicious?!!

The remainder of the day was spent lying on the couches sleeping to curling and lame TV. Then it was time for the Oscars...Dave and I survived until the very end. I always enjoy this event but I wasn't feeling it this year. The red carpet seemed dull...maybe I really do miss Joanie and nobody seemed too excited to be there. The show was okay but nothing to write home about and I don't remember anything too memorable that people would be talking about around the water cooler. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Amazing Race...yup, we watched that too. I really can't get enough of Rob and Amber (I think it might be that Boston accent) but they are just fierce competitors and I love that the other teams always worry about them. As for the one-time frat boys...thank god they are done...it was brutal to watch that one guy complain about everything. And when he started walking away from Phil...well, that's just priceless. Hopefully, Mirna and Shmirna are next to go, I don't know how much longer I can deal with the crying, complaining, and their whiny, screechy voices.

No comments: