Saturday, April 21, 2007

Life, Death and...Taxes

As I was lying awake last night in bed listening to the heavy breathing of the person beside me...ok, time-out folks, I know what you were thinking and this a PG rated blog (I think!). Let's try this again...

As I was lying awake in bed last night I started thinking about the taxes I was attempting to complete on a Friday night until 3am. It's my first time doing it solo and what a good time to do it with our new business and everything thrown into the mix. There are so many things to know and after endless hours searching the web I came up with not a lot of answers. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty details as I'm sure we all have our own lovely tax stories but I do have one question to ask:

Why, when you have been super busy and feeling tired and had been awake for 18 hours are you not able to sleep in? It's 8:30am and I have been lying awake since just after 7. I have no reason to get up early and generally wouldn't think that I would sleep-in past 10am but let's be honest...I looked at an un-solid 4 hours of sleep last night. And that sucks.

I have a busy night ahead of me, a few of the girls are heading downtown late this afternoon for a dinner before the show We Will Rock You, and then we are heading over to a neighbourhood bar for a few drinks and some dancing. I should curl up on the couch with a blanket, put on the first disc of Titanic and have a long and deserved nap. But, why am I kidding myself? I'll sleep when I'm dead.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hear you - I've had the same problem the past two mornings. During the week all I can think is how I'd love to sleep a couple more hours, and then the weekend comes and at 7am I'm wide awake.... Sod's Law I guess...