Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thank You Officer! Part 2

Like my "Thoughts in Cyberspace" friend the saga continues on my invalid moving violation from a few weeks ago.

I have visited the lovely government office twice now and have seemed to get nowhere. As you all know you have 15 days from the issue date to act on one of the three options. Given that the officer did not sign my ticket I decided to take part of Thursday morning off work to plead guilty with an explanation (which is what I was told in a previous conversation with one of those wonderfully helpful call centre workers earlier in the week). The receptionist at the office gave me two forms to fill out and told me I needed to come back 10 days after my infraction date which would be today... Since that is obviously the case and I am just an idiot for not reading the invisible print on the ticket I went back again this morning and took another few hours off work. This time I got through the first line with my ticket in hand waiting for my turn. The process suprisingly didn't take too long and soon enough I was finding out my next steps...I wasn't able to plead guilty because the Justice of the Peace doesn't have the right to withdraw tickets based on invalidity so I will be contacted with a court date in 3 to 6 months.

Okay, great. I'll wait my turn, take another few hours of work and go sit in the courtroom with however many other people only to come to the conclusion that the officer isn't going to show up. I mean he didn't sign it - we all know it's invalid and will be thrown out by the judge.

Yeah, I turned left when I wasn't supposed to but I'm a nurse and was in a rush because of an emergency call. Thanks for letting me off easy and thanks for the inconvenience jackass.

No comments: