Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thank-You Officer!

Saturday morning was a funny morning...

For D's birthday I had his baseball glove re-stitched from a place at in the West end. I had to pick it up Saturday morning and asked "Edward" if she wanted to come with...she wasn't going to come because she had to start setting up for a surprise 30th birthday party for Fernando at 3pm but decided to come for the ride.

I couldn't remember what corner it was on so we ended up going the wrong way and I needed to turn left...there was a streetcar blocking the street up-ahead and a car turning left infront of us. A sign posted said "No left turns 7am-7pm Monday to Saturday" but with the streetcar in the way and others turning left I went for it. Just my luck we got pulled over with three other cars. Sitting there waiting, Edward and I discussed what I should say but I never got the chance...there was no pleading my case this time. He came up to my window and asked "What does your license plate stand for?" I said "It's a nickname from my last name" and he said "That's too bad" and walked away. Several minutes later he came back and handed me that dreaded yellow paper but he also said "Make sure you read this over really carefully!" - knowing what this meant I said thanks and rolled up the window. Lo and behold, there was no signature - thanks to stunning good looks and innocent personality, I was scott-free.

We were going to drive down the street to finally pick up the glove so I started up Calvin and sure enough...the battery is dead!! How could this possibly happen all at once?!! Luckily, Edward has CAA - she has only used it twice and both times were with me and for me! We went to pay the Green P and told the officer what had happened - he pulled us down the sidewalk and said "This is wrong and I shouldn't do this but because of your license plate I thought you were a nurse." So...it wasn't our good looks afterall, but I'll take what I can get.

How could this morning get anymore stranger? How about walking to the repair shop and seeing J-Rod and his new lady across the street?! She lives in the area and they were heading to breakfast. I was excited to finally meet her...and no, it wasn't the best circumstances (ex-girlfriend Edward meets new girlfriend) but the officer and battery was a funny story to break the ice and they are super cute together!

It could have been an expensive morning - $110 for a moving violation, $150 for a replacement battery, $30 for repaired glove but it turned out to be a-ok ($110 less okay!). Wish me luck when I go to plead guilty and fight the system!

1 comment:

Greg said...

Wouldn't "BLEEDS" mean you're a really bad Nurse at BEST? Stupid assumption and correlation by a stupid Flatfoot. I bet it was your stunning good looks"