Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blow Jays

If you recall I did a very nice and supportive post at the beginning of the season highlighting my #1 team the Blue Jays. I have reverted back to my family nickname for them the "Blow Jays" which seems to be the trend recently.

Yes, it is early in the season, and yes, we have Reed Johnson, BJ Ryan and Gregg Zaun on the disabled list, and yes, we will hopefully snap out of our 8-game losing streak but the question is..."what the f*@!??" I mean, why would anyone want to take advantage and kick the Yankees while their down? That's a crazy notion.

Last week it was surprising to see a stat that showed the Blow Jays had the second best bullpen in the American league...suprising because current stats now show they have blown 6 save opportunities and given up 46 (league-leading) homeruns in the first 33 games of the season.

We need BJ back as soon as possible... I mean, Frasor is a piece of shit, and well, Marcum, Zambrano and Towers also in our bullpen are shitting the bed too. Janssen and Downs are holding their own and Accardo is our secret-weapon but when will these guys be able to turn it around? It doesn't help that majority of our starters can't seem to get past 5 innings and their inconsistency is very consistent. We all need BJ in a big way - if you know what I mean.

Reed Johnson is being missed as well - now don't get me wrong, Adam Lind is holding his own and doing a great job...but he has hit a standstill at the plate only being something like 3 for his last 32. We need Reed's energy and spark at lead-off - we need someone to light the fire under these guys.

And don't get me started on Thomas or Clayton - I gave them props at the beginning of the season and thought they would be welcomed additions to the team but so far...I don't think that $20 million or so is being spent too wisely. Hey Frank - why don't you try swinging when the balls down the pipe - you might actually be able to get it out of the infield.

Ah well, I could go on forever but I won't waste anymore of anyone's time. They have the potential and there is a lot of season left...I just hope we can snap out of this whirlwind while we still have a shot.

We're heading to the game tonight - hopefully Doc will be back with avengeance after his last dismal showing. Fingers-crossed that we take a least one from the damn Red Sox.

P.S. - Manny get a haircut and Captain - well, how's that "C" feeling?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, tonight was another one for the books - 9th straight loss in a row and a whopping 3 hits. We were ready to leave after the 3rd but hung on until the 8th. Brutal!

Great news - BJ had TJ surgery on his elbow. He's gone for the season.

What's next? Halladay is on Holiday and has had two terrible starts...must be injured but they don't want to let the media know yet.

Ryan said...

I can't beleive that I am saying this but whay would they take Towers out of the starting rotation when he was actually pitching fairly well (although not a lot of run support) to put in Victor 'can't get out of the third inning' Zambrano.

These guys are sucking....I declare the seasson over, here's to 2008.