Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy July...

It's hard to believe that we are already in July - I think that as an adult time has gone by much quicker for me. Perhaps it's the mundane, everyday tasks at work, or maybe it's just that we have less to look forward. I don't think it's the latter though because I always am looking forward to something...even if it is just an evening program on TV! (I know, that's lame).

This past long weekend Dave and I went to our cottage for our annual get together with my parents, our longtime family friends (the Eddy's) and their daughter (our roommate Linds). The tradition started many years ago - even before kids were invited and now we bring along anyone who might be "in" with the group at that particular time. Although, Fernando has taken a pass the past two years!!

It was a wee bit chilly and the wind was strong so we didn't spend too much time outside, which for some reason cut down on our alcohol intake and made the days and nights more sedated. But ,I'm not complaining, we ate a lot, had great conversation and had great cottage sleeps.

Too bad long weekends can't last a little longer.

No comments: