Monday, July 9, 2007

Our last weekend of freedom...

Okay, not really our last weekend of freedom but it was our last weekend to do what we wanted without an agenda until mid-September. We managed to fill our weekend with fun things to do but sitting here right now, I'm tired...as usual.

Friday we took my sister in-law for a b-day dinner at Kelsey's and then went back to our place to play some good ol' Mario Party. It's a less intensive Wii game but still pretty fun and pretty frustrating - I'm surprised Dave hasn't smashed our glass table or thrown the remote across the room...he's learning in his old age.

Saturday Dave did a side job in the afternoon and I went and got a long overdue haircut. It's nothing special, just a trim but going to some shady ethnic salon in the mall always reminds me of why I will always go back to my stylist in London for as long as I can...she's worth the drive. Sure, it was easier when my parents lived there but I still have friends there and I plan on calling them up for a place to crash because I just can't fathom paying $40 for a trim and not even one that is all that hot.

Given that this was our last free weekend without pre-determined plans we went to the 5 Drive-In to see "Knocked Up" and the most recent installment of "Die Hard". I absolutely love the drive-in - getting there at 7pm, playing yahtzee, throwing the ball around, just hanging out until 10pm when the movies finally start. It was funny to run into G&L, so they also helped pass the time waiting! Knocked Up was super funny for the first half but went on a steep downhill from there (only my opinion of course) but Die Hard was great, John McClane back and at his finest (well, as good as he can be after all these years).

Sunday we went to the Jays game, had great tickets in the HSBC VIP section! And what a stellar game to watch...Towers almost went the distance and the Jays squeaked out a 1-0 win in the bottom of the 9th. I think I'll be posting about my boys in a future post soon. After the game we walked to Nathan Phillips Square for the Outdoor Art Exhbition - it was terrific. So many beautiful pieces and talented artists...I just need to remember to have a big wad next time, as the average piece cost $600 (for small) and $3000 (for large).

Another great weekend for the books. Here's to the rest of the summer, before we know it, it will be over.

No comments: