Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Turn It On Again...

Although it was grey, windy and humid and I thought a tornado was going to swoop in and hit us, Friday night turned out to be a great success.

When I logged on myself and a co-worker at 9:55am one Monday morning back in March I never thought the day would finally come. Five months passed and the tickets sat in a drawer waiting to be free. Well that day finally came last Friday and man was I pumped.

It wasn't exactly the ideal scenario as I would have preferred a solo show but I figured if I can't see just one I might as well see them all, and Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Sure, he only recognized 4 songs and I recognized maybe 7 but the 4 minutes of song followed by 10 minutes of jamming was amazing (and that happened 2 or 3 times). Did I mention that there were guitar and keyboard solos followed by an amazing drum duet? Did I also mention that the stage was phenomenal? It had an amazing lightshow including fireworks and the entire back of the stage was a video screen. I've posted some pictures online, but my camera doesn't do them justice.

I'm sure you have figured it out, but just incase, who did we go see? I couldn't feeling it coming in the air but I definitely knew we were in a land of confusion. It was Genesis people...not Phil Collins on his own (who by the way is the cutest ever) but it was still worth it and I was so glad to have the opportunity to see him live.
Rock on!

No comments: