Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween...

October 31st...considered one of the best days in my calendar year. It's not just a day where ghouls and goblins, princes and princesses walk the streets begging for candy but it's a chance to decorate your house with spooky spiderwebs and blood stained curtains and to watch movies like Halloween and Night of the Demons. It's also a chance to carve pumpkins and roast the seeds...delicious. It's also not just one day to celebrate either, the entire month of October is great for fall pumpkins and leaves and everything red, orange and yellow.


Halloween is my second favourite holiday next to Christmas...okay, I know, Halloween isn't even a holiday but who pays attention to details?! This year I have been a slacker - work has been busy and we cancelled our party so the festive spirit didn't run through my veins as it usually would. Don't get me wrong - I wore my best spider shirt and black wig to work today and I bought a halloween music CD in early October. I also put up my pumpkin photos at work and talked about costumes and decorating with everyone I could...some people just aren't that into it.

I already have costume ideas for next year and the party will be on...last year we decorated the apartment to the nines...scary you ask? I think so. Wait until we have a house.

"Don't ever laugh when a hearse goes by for someday you are going to die..."

Cheers to Halloween!

No comments: