Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend Shmeekend

Nothing exciting has been happening lately which makes me think life if pretty boring for me right now but then again, we keep ourselves pretty busy and always seem to be on the go...

Friday night I went to a poker night at our friend's - it was the first time I have played poker all winter. I love playing poker and realized why we don't play as much anymore is because Brian isn't crashing our place on the weekends. It was always great knowing he was coming back to the city because we would have someone to play games with and knew that a friend or two of his would be in on the action as well. We only played one game on Friday and it was rather painfully boring (with no fault to anyone), the mood just wasn't right and the cards weren't flowing. I just couldn't feel the love!

Saturday morning I drove to Waterloo to pick-up Dave who has been working on renvoations with my dad and to visit my grandparents. After 50+ years in their home, my grandparents finally decided to move into an apartment (5 minutes down the road). They are in great health for being 86 and 91 but looking after a house and a cottage is a heavy load. It's taking them a while to get used to it but my grandma loves it and to see the smile on her face is worth it. My parents sold their house in London and are moving into my grandparents house in Waterloo (much more convenient for us to visit now!). There are some things that need to be done in the house and Dave is the perfect man for the job...I'm sure he gets frustrated working with my dad but I think they are getting a long well and the male "family" bonding is great.

We got home Saturday around 9pm and rented a game for the Wii....needless to say we played for a good 12 hours Saturday night and Sunday. J-Rod came over on Sunday to get in on the action...and between raving bunnies, out-of-the-park homeruns, and Dave's untouched tennis record we had a great time.

Although I am tired and felt unproductive this weekend - these weekends are the ones that I love the most (well, maybe not the most but a lot)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WANT A WII!!!!! Sounds like you guys have so muich fun with it.