Friday, March 23, 2007

Chopping Block...Who's Next?

No, I'm not talking about the next Apprentice or Survivor...and no one is getting fired or being sent to Exile Island. But, it seems like the bloggers around me are being crossed off or entirely deleted daily.

I understand it with "Not Much of a Weblog". I mean, to think that B-Rock would actually have witty or deep thoughts to say on a regular basis would be asking a little much. It would actually be asking too much for him to comment on his every day happenings since we know that nothing really goes on in Fort McMurray except what Rob and himself do behind closed doors. But, for one who was just going to post random clips and videos it is a little suprising that he failed so early...I mean, he spends half of his time in the cold, dark North surfing eBaum's and YouTube - why not share the fun?

There are also the people that barely ever post and have actually begun to be crossed out from friend's blogs with no linkage to their sites available. People get busy and sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day to post and heaven forbid we would want someone to post just for the sake of posting. We are living in a harsh and cruel world and now that fellow bloggers have started turning on other bloggers, well, I just don't know what to think. Cheers to SnH for getting back on the horse, hopefully one day, you will be linked again.

I don't want to become one of the statistics. I am going to try my damnest to ensure that I post regularily and keep "life, thoughts and attitude" alive!! It may not be the best blog, the most insightful or the most witty but it's my blog and I'm damn proud of it!

6 comments:

Deb said...

I just want to say: well put! I feel the same way...if anyone takes issue with my blog, so be it...it's my blog and I'm proud of it.

Anonymous said...

I'm just lazy...but thanx for the props Jenn

B-rock

Rob said...

Screw that - I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I'm with Greg. If you can't even post once every 14 days then find a new hobby.

But I love you all.

Greg said...

Yes, your blog is whatever you choose to make it, and if you're happy with it, and the pace you blog at, that's all that matters.

With that said, that theory should apply to me as well, no? So if I choose to edit or cut some links for whatever reason, then so be it. I'm quite certain temporarily not linking your blog will not cause WWIII and if it offends, well, I know a musician I can send over to your house for a reasonable price. He is said to own the worlds smallest violin. He's really very good.

You can choose to pick up the efforts a bit to appease your audience and of course those at Cyberspace - call it motivation, or you can simply go about your business and busy lives and blog at your own pace. Keep in mind though, the reason your journal is published to the world is so the world can read it - otherwise may I suggest a pen and paper - and then with that at least every blog entry does not need to begin with "Sorry I've been busy...".

Greg said...

PS - Jenny you're not going anywhere!!! I love the Friday messages - and my guess is you'll never miss two of them! Cudo's.

Jennifer said...

Gregger - You are absolutely right and I wasn't pointing fingers - it was more of a conversation. I thought it was hilarious that you crossed people off...however, I see SnH is back in business and linked once again!