Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Come and Gone...

Another Easter, another tournament and another birthday have come and gone in a flash.

To start Easter wasn't really Easter. After being in Hammertown since Wednesday all I wanted to do was get home on Sunday, lounge around and sleep all afternoon to the Masters (which I absolutely did). However, it would have been nice to get together with the family for a wonderful dinner and a nice visit. That's why I always liked being in school...having the Monday off as well made a world of difference. Peter Cottontail didn't visit but I'm sure that's a good thing...I can never resist a chocolate bunny, jelly belly or cream-filled egg.

The tournament wasn't a great success either...we had fun but again, didn't win. At the banquet we always find ourselves talking about next year and who should be on the team. Seeing that you have to qualify it is a little difficult to try to finish in a certain position but we'll see how it goes...a team of all-stars doesn't necessarily guarantee a win either. In my opinoin, it would actually make losing that much worse. I look at it this way - who would want to go to Sudbury of all places for Nationals?...Sudbury is for losers. Next year they're in Hamilton - that's not much better but at least we would get regional support and that would be fun.

At last, my birthday was on Friday...it was definitely overshadowed by the tournament and it put a damper on the festivities being losers but a bunch of us did fo for dinner at The Keg and that was delicious. I just don't seem to get too excited about birthdays...probably because they were never a big celebration in my family and probably because out of seven people in my immediate family six of us are in April which means we only have one party and one cake to celebrate everyone's together. Ah, it's all good - another year older, another year wiser...at least I'm still young at heart.

No comments: