Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This Week in Baseball

I've been lazy, not in real life but definitely on blogging. I thought perhaps it's because I don't have anything really interesting to share, thought provoking or mildly exciting or maybe it's just because I'm not as into this blogging thing as I thought. But then I started thinking about it and I always ensure that I post on Fridays and I think about posting often just never get around to it. So, things have just been busy, we're out every night this week and have a busy weekend ahead of us. We also don't have one free weekend until after the long weekend in September...that's a lot of plans and a lot of busyness.

This past weekend my parents came to visit and we went to the Jays game Friday night. We have been to more losses than we can count this year so it was great to see Doc come out on top. Saturday we went with them to the IMAX to see Spiderman 3 - I wasn't expecting much based on what I had heard but I actually found it quite entertaining. Those movies are always better with the IMAX experience but I think I actually enjoyed it better than 2, maybe not though...I can't exactly remember 2 that well.

Monday we had our own baseball game against the Beavs and we got ourselves another tick in the win column. Tuesday we went to the Jays game again and we got back on track with the losses, 10-1, very dismal and boring but we met up with Starnes who spotted us in the stands so chatting with him helped pass the time. Tonight I spared on a women's slo-pitch team - we had a double header and it was great playing with all ladies again. It was my first time pitching with the strike-zone but it was successful as we won both games. Tomorrow we are headed back to the Rogers Centre and hopefully will see another good game as I think Roy is back on the mound. Our friends, the Black Sox are playing in a tournament this weekend so we might try to catch a game Friday night, we'll have to see though - that's a lot of ball games. But then again, I can't really complain, I love the sport.

No comments: