Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12 Days and Counting....

Okay, so technically it's 13 days but in my opinion Christmas starts on Christmas Eve and that is only 12 days away...

It's hard to believe that the holidays are less than two weeks away. Actually, I wouldn't really call them "holidays", not for me anyways. I won't be taking any time off this year except the statutory ones but I think that's okay. The office is always really quiet, we usually only have to work a half day on the 24th and 31st and the rest of the days I'm sure we'll take long lunches, numerous coffee breaks and probably leave early. When I think about it like that why would I want to waste a vacation day on that...I mean, I would much rather take a day off in the middle of a busy time when I could actually use the time off.

It would be nice to spend time with the family but there will be lot's of time to do that and I'm sure they don't want to spend 24/7 with me anyways!! Dave has 16 days off (as he keeps reminding me) so it will be nice to come home to a clean apartment and dinner on the table...maybe some clean clothes in the closet too. Or, maybe I'm kidding myself...if there's any chance Guitar Hero is under the tree then it's a whole 'nother story and take-out will be looking pretty good.

Our decorations have been up since the end of November, all of our shopping is done, presents wrapped and under the tree. I've been playing Christmas music at work since mid-November...I know that's a little much, but it helps pass the time and I think if people see you with headphones on they don't ask as many random, annoying questions.

I also took this past Monday off to do some Christmas baking - I made 5 things but have realized that isn't near enough and I had so many ingredients left over that I will have to try and find some time to make some more goodies.

We are having our Holiday Hoopla on Saturday. Lot's of people haven't responded but it looks like it will be a great turnout nonetheless. Some of the people we haven't seen in months so it's always nice to get together and catch up. It'll be a long night but I'm in for the long haul and there will be plenty of cheer to go 'round.

No comments: