Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wiiii!!!

For Christmas Dave gave me GC's to Best Buy so that I could get the new Nintendo Wii. I had only seen a demonstration at Vaughn Mills and decided that it would be a lot of fun to have. My friend Wynne is Nintendo-obsessed and helped convince me that it was a great game system and that I would really enjoy it. I know people have their doubts such as the graphics don't compare to the PS3 or 360, there aren't that many games, and it isn't even that expensive so how can it be so great...

The Wii's are sold out everywhere and they don't expect them to be readily available in stores until almost April. But, Friday Dave and I decided we would call around - stores get them in occasionally but they are taken from the shelves as soon as they get there. We called almost all of the stores in the GTA and had no luck, some said they were expecting a shipment either Monday or Tuesday. Dave spent Monday calling the Leaside store close to us every few hours. By 4pm he was at his last rope, what a way to spend the day...I called him to check-in and he told me to try phoning...so I did and the guy asked if I lived close, I said yes, and he said he had 10 left. I immediately hung-up, phoned Dave and told him to go now, within minutes he was at the store buying our Wii with only six left!

We started playing at 6pm Monday night, Jarrod came over around 8pm and we didn't stop until after midnight. We only have the sports pack but all of the games are great and include tennis, baseball, bowling, golf, and boxing. You can even take daily fitness tests and complete various training for all of the events helping to increase your player's endurance, stability, and ranking.

Finally I have the Wii!! Our arms, and necks, and backs are sore but it's worth it! What a great way to get fat kids off the couch and exercising a little bit more - good job Nintendo!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Deb said...

My sister and her husband have it as well and we were playing it at Christmas...I must agree, it is a lot of fun!