Wednesday, April 4, 2007

There Goes Peter Cottontail...to Hamilton

This Easter, like every Easter for the past 9 years I am on my way to Hammertown tonight. I'm in a big tournament that will go until Sunday. My team has a great shot to make it to Nationals this year and what could be better than going all the way to the Big Nickel...Sudbury?!!

It's always a great time and the competition is stiff - Southern Ontario is always the hardest region to qualify out of. D will come down Friday to watch and stay for the weekend. Hopefully we will give him something to cheer for. He's not really one to watch regular league play or to come to other tournaments - but this one is in a league of it's own. For some and those that don't play it can be a surreal experience... A few years ago D's parents came to watch and were able to witness a perfect 450 - when it comes down to the end everyone stopped what they were doing and started chanting "Terry, Terry..." It's a nerveracking experience without 500+ people staring...and some people don't ever get to witness perfection.

I'm staying with Linds again and luckily we are not direct competitors as I made women's and she's on the mixed. It's probably better that way since I wouldn't want her to have an accident in the room where she might injure herself. Maybe next year we will get the chance to cheer for the same region...now that would be fun.

I'm a little disappointed that we won't be doing Easter this year with the fam but we've been so busy and I know on Sunday we'll just want to relax and sleep to the Masters Final Round. The Easter Bunny will have to just leave his eggs and carry-on his merry way. At least we won't be sacrificing another Tom Turkey this spring...

No comments: