Wednesday, December 5, 2007

November...

It has been so long since I posted other than my "Friday Fun" and I'm not sure why because we have been very busy doing a lot of stuff. I figured a bulleted list should suffice - to get everyone caught up and for me to remember what we've been up to:

- November 3rd we found ourselves in Delhi for my girlfriend from college's wedding. I knew her husband during school but haven't seen either of them in almost 3 years and Dave had met them once. We weren't expecting a spectaculr night and told my parents we wouldn't be that late but it's always great when the unexpected happens. We had a great time - the guys at our table were a lot of fun. While I drank, Dave chatted (being the DD of course) and we didn't end up leaving until about midnight. The wedding was very nice and it was good to see my friend...even if it was only for a few minutes of conversation.
- November 10th was C&C's housewarming and also a nice time. It seems like everyone around us is putting down their money and making the big move. It's a cute little place in the Tobs and a great starter for them...very exciting. This time I was the DD and Dave definitely took advantage!!
- November 16th were the CMA Awards (Canadian Marketing Association). It's a big-deal night and everybody and their mom are there, dressed to the nines of course. Our whole RHP team went because we won Gold for "Integrated Campaign over $1MM" - it was for our RHP Re-Launch in the Spring and is kind of a big deal. Everyone looked lovely and we danced the night away but I didn't last until the wee morning like some...
- November 17th were our baseball awards. As you will remember, Backdoor Sliders represented this year and won the B Championship! Yours truly and my lover won for MVP's and Jonny B won "Most Fun or Most Sportsmanlike" - I'm not really sure. We had people over for pre-festivities and post-festivities. Gregger brought GH3 and we are kind of addicted - I think it was almost 4am before we finally shut 'er down for the night! Good times!
- November 24th Dave went to the men's baseball banquet. Although he wasn't actually on the "official" team, he was on the roster and was a spare that ended up playing a lot. Seemed like deja vu from the weekend before. People over for pre-festivites and post-festivities. Gregger brought GH3 and we are kind of addicted. I was out with Lindsay that night and came home and played by myself for about 2 hours but the boys didn't get back until about 2am and pretty much passed out.
- November 26th Dave and I went to the Transiberian Orchestra. It was awesome and they are fantastic. I was a little disappointed with the first half which is called "Christmas Eve" - it could have been great but there was too much narrating and the songs people were singing were rather slow and not so recognizable. But, they rocked out the last half and their lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics were great. I would definitely recommend them and would go again...maybe not for "Christmas Eve" though!!

So these were all of the major events for November...maybe it doesn't seem like much but when you tack on bowling on Mondays for me, multi-sport on Wednesdays for the both of us, hockey on Thursday for Dave and the random lower-key Friday nights playing Wii it makes for very busy times and that doesn't even include household randoms like laundry, cleaning and shopping. Blah...

No comments: